Thread: How to become successful breeder-Part 11

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

22 members found this post helpful.

How to become successful breeder-Part 11

Dear all,
    few points which i missed in my last suggestions are now add here. Before staring to add my new points, i wish to share few things with young bird keeprs. You people are very lucky, why you have the best apportunity to get quality birds, breeds, cages, nest bowl, vitimins, surgical sexing technqiues, interact with other breeders, have access to internet, books. We dont have such facilities in the past, i will write an artilce on my breeding parrots when i first kept budgerigars. Any way world is open for you, open your minds, think out of box, try new techniques, be positive in bird keeping, share your knolwdge with others, dont hide secrets of breding birds, dont be ashamed to ask questions, dont get jelous with fellow breeders, dont expect from any one, help others. It is vey difficut to change yourself, but try to be nice with young bird keepers. Wish you good luck all, and last but not least, i have learnt from my experience KEEP AS MANY BIRDS AS YOU CARE PROPERLY. CHOOSE ONE BREED , STICK TO IT, SPECILIZE IN, MAKE A NAME IN THIS WORLD, GODD BLESS YOU ALL.

i am sorry for any spelling mistake or if standard of writing english is not upto the mark.

1- BUY YOUNG ONES

when u start your hobby always try to get young ones for breeding purpose, develop them in your own environment, they will settle down in your environment, used to the feed, they will give you good results for years to come. I want to share an article published in Australia, they have interviewed different breeders of finches and found those successful who have developed their own strain and keep them for future breeds. We normally sell the young ones of our first breed, please keep those for your future breeding, they will give you maximum breeding results.

2- HELP OTHER FELLOW BREEDERS[B]

Help juniors, help other fellow breeders, by sharing your knowledge with others will benefit from God, keep your expectations with others at minimum level. Make frineds but dont make business partnerships, beacuse i have seen lot of partners separated at the end. Dont hide your breeding secrets with others, talk your failures with others, sharing of knolwdge of feed, breed, cage, medicines with fellow breeders is very important.

3- ROUTINE CHECKS

Daily visit your birds , stay at every cage for some time, be observant, use common sesne, see your pairs of birds is happy or sitting fluffed up in the aviary. Use repated words when you enter in your aviary, birds do recognize your voice, they will welcome u,

4- DONT GET JELOUS WITH OTHERS

Enjoy birdkeeping as a hobby but dont get jelous with other fellow breeders if they are very good breeders, try to learn from them, rather back biting. You cannot become top breeder of every breed, some breeds suits you some are not, jelousy destroy your character. Be happy to share with others.

5- NO SECOND DAY

I have lost so many birds in the past that i saw yesterday they were ill or have smytoms of illness, that i will check tomorrow, believe me tomorrow never comes, PAY YOUR UTMOST ATTENTION TO YOUR ILL BIRDS IMMEDIATELY. dONT WAIT TOMORRW, DO TODAY.

6- LAZINESS

again, I have lost many birds not visiting on daily basis, did not check their water and feed pots, did you check their nest box, did not check their young ones, did not pay attention to their abnormal behaviours, try to routine check your birds on the same time. Dont get sluggish that i will check my bird tomorrow. again tomorrow never comes in bird keeping.

7- COMMON SENSE

I still not achieve my common sense in many parts, after getting lot of experince i have observed that applying some basic changes we can do wonders in bird keeping.

8- LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES

sorry to say that we firmly believe what we have learned every thing from our seniors, try to learn new things, apply them, read them, share them. Bird keeping has changed, if i comapre my knolwedge with new breeders, they have more than me, they have lot of apporunity to learn which we could not when i was young. I am not saying that senior breedrs(including me) dont have knowledge, but if it is not updated it need to be updated. I salute internet for giving me apportunity to learn from others. Read books, visit fellow breeders, discuss them, dont be ashmed to get knowiedge from others, said i did this mistake who can i rectify it, put posotive attitutde in birdkeeping. stop thinking negative.

I HAVE ONE DESIRE WHICH I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL, I WISH TO HAVE ONE OF THE BEST ZOO IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, NOW I THINK WE NEED TO CONSERVE WILDLIFE THROUGH CAPTIVE BREEDING OF BIRDS. AND WHEN I DIE , PEOPLE REMEMBE ME AS A "GOOD BREEDER". GOD BLESS ALL.
    Last edited by zaheer minhas; 07-31-2011 at 07:05 AM.
    Please help those bird breeders/keepers who seek your help. God will benefit you with sharing of knowledge.

My motto is
    "CONSERVE WILDLIFE THROUGH CAPTIVE BREEDING OF BIRDS"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 members found this post helpful.

Re: How to become successful breeder-Part 11

Thanking for sharing experience and information.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer minhas View Post
    ... AND WHEN I DIE , PEOPLE REMEMBE ME AS A "GOOD BREEDER". GOD BLESS ALL.
    Very right. Actually, keeping living creatures is a huge responsibility and one would be answerable before God on the day of judgment.
    Haroon ur Rasheed

We may not realize that a better solution or trade-off is possible until we see it.

Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Thoroughly enjoyed both parts
    jazakallah for sharing
    regards
    You were born with wings
    Why prefer to crawl through life?

-Rumi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 members found this post helpful.

thanks zaheer bhai.
    God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages

Premium Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanking for sharing experience and information.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Ma Sha Allah, you've got great experience and commendable attitude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greate and based on past experience and knowledge........
    Thanx for sharing
    Muhammad Arshad

I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.

Arabian Chukars, Xross Arabian Chukars,Albino Chukar ,Fawn and Farmi Chukars, Cockatiel,Rosella,Canaries,IRN and Peafowl.

Premium Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great experiance and a good chance for personal ethics development for all readers. What i have learned in this small time of birding is that have faith in Almighty Allah and be satisfied with what you do. Even if you have a pair of common budgies and they are happily breeding, please feel blessed that this is Allah's blessing and you should be very happy on it. Buying expensive birds is never adds a 'feather-in-the cap'. Their proper management is what makes you a good breeder and that is all what Zaheer Sahab hs mentioned about. Enjoyed reading every word of your script sir.

Regards,
    Bilal Saeed Khan.
    Best Regards,

Bilal Saeed Khan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks bilal.
    Please help those bird breeders/keepers who seek your help. God will benefit you with sharing of knowledge.

My motto is
    "CONSERVE WILDLIFE THROUGH CAPTIVE BREEDING OF BIRDS"

Members who have read this thread: 1