Thread: سردی کے موسم سے بچاؤ

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 members found this post helpful.

سردی کے موسم سے بچاؤ

سردی کے موسم سے بچاؤ کے لیے کیا احتیاطی تدابیر کرنی چاہیے؟
    پرندوں نے بہرحال آرام کرنا ہوتا ہے ۔اگر سو واٹ کا بلب لگا لیا جائے تو کیا اِس کی روشنی پرندوں کے لیے صحیح ہے۔اگر ساری رات بلب جلتا رہے؟
    اگر بلب کی روشنی کی وجہ سے پرندے ڈسٹرب ہوں تو حرارت کے لیے متبادل بندوبست کیا ہو سکتا ہے؟
    اگر پرندوں کو سردی لگ جائے تو کیا کرنا چاہیے۔ یعنی کون سے دوائی استعمال کرنی چاہیے اور کیسے استعمال کرنی چاہیے؟
    دوستوں سے اِلتماس ہے کہ اپنی بیش قیمت آرا سے ضرور آگاہ کریں۔
    Collection:- Indian Ringneck , Lutino Love Bird 03006233133-03156233133-03366233133
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: سردی کے موسم سے بچاؤ

Winter is approaching.Nice questions by the Op.I have never used any heating source.I only use covers for the cages but this time i am also planning to install a bulb and same questions are coming to my mind.Will the light not disturb the birds in night?could the saver work?

Premium Member Muhammad Wasim Shahzad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

5-6 years back we have few budgies and lovebirds ..... my brother install a 100 watt bulb in cage and cover it with a paper bag "khaki lafafa" ....and it works well for us .......

Seniors can suggest more helpful ways ....

Verified Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question ,seniors tell us about any economic & best way to prevent cold weather & get good breeding result ?

Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

2 members found this post helpful.

Installing paper bag is a risky business in terms that it might catch fire

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Heavy curtains are good they stop the cold winds but what should be used as a heating source?My question remains could we use energy saver bulbs ?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

we use paper bag for a year or more ....but never got any issue

Mentioned
    3443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    222 Thread(s)

19 members found this post helpful.

Well brother in my point of view birds can withstand cold provided you provide them with protection from cold winds/breezes. *I believe that it's the cold wind that can do them harm therefore i would suggest you to use some type of wind breaker around their cage, specially on top and underneath the cage floor if required.For this purpose u can use any type of plastic sheet or a blanket/Khes/tarpaal to protect them from the I'll effects of the cold wind. *A bulb to provide heat just in case they need would be a good idea, but it isn't essential for their survival at these temperatures as long as they are protected from the wind but personally speaking iv never been in favor of using bulbs all night long since it effects their sleep cycle(imagine u r asked to sleep in a full brightly lit room) and iv also observed such birds to be lousy n sleepy through out the day. Some experts may disagree from this however again it's a matter of personal choice and experience so in my case I prefer to keep the cages away from direct blast of winds by covering them adequately.
    Additionally one important thing that I would emphasize upon is to avoid using metallic perches in cages since the feet of birds r not covered with feathers n cold temperatures can have their I'll effects transmitted to them through their feet.one more thing that I would stress upon is their diet specially during winters.it's always a good idea to add sunflower seeds n codliver oil in birds feed.similarly adding few drops of codliver oil in eggfood also has many benefits in survival of adult birds n chicks alike during winters.I also propagate giving a mixture of jawar+kala channa+makkai twice a week to birds in order to strengthen their immune system.some experts believe that birds should not be allowed to drink water that has been kept overnight in their pots as cold water can be a source of pneumonia n other respiratory track infections however iv found a difference of opinion in this aspect as many claim that they have never done this n still the birds faced no problems.my personal vote is in favor of moving water pots after sunset n placing them with fresh water early morning(others may disagree but putting myself in birds shoes I find it a source of transmitting cold to birds body while drinking freezing water in a cold winter morning).id also recommend not to use steel/metal utencils as water pots during winter season.during winters an additional precaution that I take with my birds is that once a week I add half a tea spoon of honey in luke warm water n give it to my birds for drinking purpose.iv found it very effective in equipping them in fighting the effects of cold winters.Last thing that I would emphasize upon is adequate sunlight for birds in winters.it's not only a source of vitamin D but also a source to keep em warm therefore one should endeavor to keep cages in a place where the birds get adequate sunlight during winters.
    As regards to breeding, many birds specially the females fall sick while incubating eggs during winters.to avoid this problem iv always suggested to use nest boxes instead of matkis as wood is a good insulator therefore it protects the brooding hen.also placing wooden shavings in nestboxes keeps the parents,chicks n eggs safe from ill effects of cold temperatures.for areas where the temperatures during winters fall to sub-zero I'd suggest to give birds rest during late November through Mid February.
    Wish all brothers a lovely winter n breeding season ahead.wasalam
    Sirf Ehsas e Nidamat, ik sajda aur Chashm e Tar....
    Aey Khuda kitna aasan hai manana tujh ko....

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahroni View Post
    Well brother in my point of view birds can withstand cold provided you provide them with protection from cold winds/breezes. *I believe that it's the cold wind that can do them harm therefore i would suggest you to use some type of wind breaker around their cage, specially on top and underneath the cage floor if required.For this purpose u can use any type of plastic sheet or a blanket/Khes/tarpaal to protect them from the I'll effects of the cold wind. *A bulb to provide heat just in case they need would be a good idea, but it isn't essential for their survival at these temperatures as long as they are protected from the wind but personally speaking iv never been in favor of using bulbs all night long since it effects their sleep cycle(imagine u r asked to sleep in a full brightly lit room) and iv also observed such birds to be lousy n sleepy through out the day. Some experts may disagree from this however again it's a matter of personal choice and experience so in my case I prefer to keep the cages away from direct blast of winds by covering them adequately.
    Additionally one important thing that I would emphasize upon is to avoid using metallic perches in cages since the feet of birds r not covered with feathers n cold temperatures can have their I'll effects transmitted to them through their feet.one more thing that I would stress upon is their diet specially during winters.it's always a good idea to add sunflower seeds n codliver oil in birds feed.similarly adding few drops of codliver oil in eggfood also has many benefits in survival of adult birds n chicks alike during winters.I also propagate giving a mixture of jawar+kala channa+makkai twice a week to birds in order to strengthen their immune system.some experts believe that birds should not be allowed to drink water that has been kept overnight in their pots as cold water can be a source of pneumonia n other respiratory track infections however iv found a difference of opinion in this aspect as many claim that they have never done this n still the birds faced no problems.my personal vote is in favor of moving water pots after sunset n placing them with fresh water early morning(others may disagree but putting myself in birds shoes I find it a source of transmitting cold to birds body while drinking freezing water in a cold winter morning).id also recommend not to use steel/metal utencils as water pots during winter season.during winters an additional precaution that I take with my birds is that once a week I add half a tea spoon of honey in luke warm water n give it to my birds for drinking purpose.iv found it very effective in equipping them in fighting the effects of cold winters.Last thing that I would emphasize upon is adequate sunlight for birds in winters.it's not only a source of vitamin D but also a source to keep em warm therefore one should endeavor to keep cages in a place where the birds get adequate sunlight during winters.
    As regards to breeding, many birds specially the females fall sick while incubating eggs during winters.to avoid this problem iv always suggested to use nest boxes instead of matkis as wood is a good insulator therefore it protects the brooding hen.also placing wooden shavings in nestboxes keeps the parents,chicks n eggs safe from ill effects of cold temperatures.for areas where the temperatures during winters fall to sub-zero I'd suggest to give birds rest during late November through Mid February.
    Wish all brothers a lovely winter n breeding season ahead.wasalam
    @Bahroni What about the ratio of jawar+kala channa+makkai .... or we can mix it with our own ratio???

Mentioned
    3443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    222 Thread(s)

Brother u can mix in equal quantity n serve ur birds
    Sirf Ehsas e Nidamat, ik sajda aur Chashm e Tar....
    Aey Khuda kitna aasan hai manana tujh ko....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.