User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

  1. #1
    Verified Members Sherjil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad , Pakistan
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)


    Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    This picture is taken in some place in France , shows how feral populations of rose-ringed parakeets are thriving in the Europe. Beautiful take


    The translated caption is below :-

    "Parakeet (Psittacula krameri - Rose-ringed Parakeet) male feeding the female brooding the hole in the plane. Blue Parakeet, still single for 4 years, observes.
    Site CP, Sunday, March 31, 2013."






    Link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/cpasquier/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  2. #2
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,168
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    wowww. And here the population is decreasing day by day :-(
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  3. #3
    Premium Member Noor Cages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Studying in UMT, Living in Valancia Town, Lahore. Basically From Daska, Sialkot.
    Posts
    951
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Amazing bro............................ thanks for sharing
    White Indian Ring-neck, Yellow Indian Ring-neck
    https://www.facebook.com/NoorCages

    Jacques Deval God loved the birds and invented trees, man loved birds and invented cages.
    John Webster We think caged birds sing, when they indeed cry.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  4. #4
    Premium Member ka_khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,943
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Beautiful color.From childhood we have seen our normal green parrots.Every kids first pet is this bought in a small rounded cage.Later i found the Blue,yellow,white colors.From where these colors emerge?are these colors available in wild or all are mutations by breeders?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  5. #5
    Premium Member Noor Cages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Studying in UMT, Living in Valancia Town, Lahore. Basically From Daska, Sialkot.
    Posts
    951
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Quote Originally Posted by ka_khan View Post
    Beautiful color.From childhood we have seen our normal green parrots.Every kids first pet is this bought in a small rounded cage.Later i found the Blue,yellow,white colors.From where these colors emerge?are these colors available in wild or all are mutations by breeders?
    Nice Question, I am also looking for answer.
    White Indian Ring-neck, Yellow Indian Ring-neck
    https://www.facebook.com/NoorCages

    Jacques Deval God loved the birds and invented trees, man loved birds and invented cages.
    John Webster We think caged birds sing, when they indeed cry.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lahore
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    78 Thread(s)


    1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Noor Cages View Post
    Nice Question, I am also looking for answer.
    population over there is established through escaped birds from captivity..blue bird is one of them...

    yahan agar yelow,blue,white irn wild population k sath shamil hona chahain to flock us ko apnay beech nahi aanay dete because they know its unique color can attract predators...wo mar mar k bird ko bhaga dete hain ya cheel kaway bird ko bhaga bhaga k bird ko exhaust kr dete hain or phir fresh tota enjoy krty hain....

    regards
    "It is Better to Step back when Ignored.....

    Rather than waiting to be Insulted..!!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  7. #7
    Premium Member Noor Cages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Studying in UMT, Living in Valancia Town, Lahore. Basically From Daska, Sialkot.
    Posts
    951
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    @ahmed usman javed bro Question ye hai k Blue,yellow,white IRNs Natural environment (wild) se aye hain k breeders ki mutations hain? Q k wild mein tou green he nazar atty hain..............
    White Indian Ring-neck, Yellow Indian Ring-neck
    https://www.facebook.com/NoorCages

    Jacques Deval God loved the birds and invented trees, man loved birds and invented cages.
    John Webster We think caged birds sing, when they indeed cry.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lahore
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    1617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    78 Thread(s)


    1 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Noor Cages View Post
    @ahmed usman javed bro Question ye hai k Blue,yellow,white IRNs Natural environment (wild) se aye hain k breeders ki mutations hain? Q k wild mein tou green he nazar atty hain..............
    bro ye mutation(dna defect ya change keh lain) wild or captive birds dono main aati hain..captivity main inbreeding(usually mutant offspring bird to their parents) k through mutation ko fix kr liya jata hai jab k wild main aisa nahi hota....wild main mutant bird survive kam he hoty hain..kuch waja to main ooper post main likh chuka hun us k ilawa bhi kai waja hain like weak and non competitive birds..aksar female bhi nest main different hcick ko feedn hai karati..aisa aksar captivity main hota hai....kafi sal pehly wild caught plum headed parakeetrs main main ne aik sab se alag color ka male dekha tha...bohot zayada yaad nahi or na he us time mujhay mutations ki koi zayada info thi lakin wo male dilute ya cinnamon tha..us k color baki males se intehai light tha....Youtube per blue headed pionus ki aik video mojood hai jis main green flock k beech aik yellow lutino bird ki foraging kr rha hai..isi tarah australia main ewild cockatoos main galah lutino,pied red tailed or pied king parrtos bhi spot hoty rehty hain....Australia main original blue golden mental(extremly rare) bhi wild caught birds ki inbreeding se bana hai...
    "It is Better to Step back when Ignored.....

    Rather than waiting to be Insulted..!!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  9. #9
    Verified Members Sherjil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Faisalabad , Pakistan
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)


    4 members found this post helpful.

    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Quote Originally Posted by ka_khan View Post
    Beautiful color.From childhood we have seen our normal green parrots.Every kids first pet is this bought in a small rounded cage.Later i found the Blue,yellow,white colors.From where these colors emerge?are these colors available in wild or all are mutations by breeders?
    @ka_khan almost all the mutations we see in the domestic setup were bred from wild caught specimens. All these mutations were & are currently being discovered / caught from the sub-continent i.e. rose-ringed parakeet native range.

    The first one discovered from wild was a lutino rose-ringed parakeet which was exported to the Britain; there is an illustration of a lutino female made by Edward Lear in the 1800s , you can find some details in this link : http://birdsplanet.com/forum/showthr...ht=Edward+Lear




    The next was blue , according to the narrations the blue mutation was extremely expensive kept in a gold cages.

    Then there were albinos which were bred using blue and lutino/blue.

    The old discovered mutations include grey-greens , dark greens , grey (bred from grey-green/blue and blue) , pallids (allele of ino), cinnamons , violets (bred from violet green/blue and blue) , cobalts (bred from dark green / ble and blue ) , turquoise blue , dilute , Clear head fallows (old name butter cup) and so on


    Clear head Clear Tails (CHCT) are unique to ring-neck parakeet family and first origanted in the rose-ringed parkaeets. This mutation is not found in other captive bred parrots or parakeets like the budgrigars.


    A Dark Blue CHCT :



    Then came a new attraction in the ring neck mutation world which rejuvenated the enthusiasm of the rose-ringed parakeet's mutation breeders i.e. the pieds .Recessive pieds were developed by breeders in the US & South Africa simultaneously.

    The US strain is called salan pieds after the name of Jaynee Salan who developed these pieds from wild caught stock link:http://www.piedringnecksusa.com/.

    The SA strain was developed by the son of a breeder named Hillerman hence the name hillerman pied.

    Both the pied strains hillerman or salan are technically recessive pieds and are also ADM (anti-dimorphic) due to the fact that the male loses its visual identity i.e. the ring is absent in adult males & both sexes look a like in this mutation.

    It is known that there are seven to eight different types of pied mutations/modifications found in the rose-ringed parakeets. The pied domain has still many undiscovered traits un-known to us.

    Dominant pied (also called herliquins by the Australians) are one of the most beautiful & sought after mutations of rose-ringed parakeets. Dominant pieds retain their dimorphism and the piedness tends to effect below the head & ring area.

    A Beautiful Violet Cobalt Dominant Pied:




    Most of the modern day mutations have been discovered and bred by a breeder in UK named Babu Chauhan. Babu is also famous as well as controversial in giving catchy names to his mutations like the "Emerald" , "Azure" etc. You can read some text found in the old publications of http://www.aviarylife.com.au/

    L-R Normal Blue & Babu's Azure:




    Fallows are not new but recently breeders have started to show their interest in this un-discovered genetic variety. It is found that their exist more than a single type of fallow mutations

    A Blue Bronze fallow :




    More over there are lots of morphotypes that exist in the blue series between the normal blue and DF Violet blue birds which keep the interest of the breeders and the endless debate is on going

    try guessing different varients of blue below : )




    There are many more less catchy mutations like the khakis, recessive and sex-linked dominant edged , grizzle etc; however certainly ringnecks have posed as a contender in the race of vast pool of mutations colors found in budgrigars and the race is still on
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

  10. #10
    Premium Member Noor Cages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Studying in UMT, Living in Valancia Town, Lahore. Basically From Daska, Sialkot.
    Posts
    951
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Re: Blue Ringneck Out In The Open

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed usman javed View Post
    bro ye mutation(dna defect ya change keh lain) wild or captive birds dono main aati hain..captivity main inbreeding(usually mutant offspring bird to their parents) k through mutation ko fix kr liya jata hai jab k wild main aisa nahi hota....wild main mutant bird survive kam he hoty hain..kuch waja to main ooper post main likh chuka hun us k ilawa bhi kai waja hain like weak and non competitive birds..aksar female bhi nest main different hcick ko feedn hai karati..aisa aksar captivity main hota hai....kafi sal pehly wild caught plum headed parakeetrs main main ne aik sab se alag color ka male dekha tha...bohot zayada yaad nahi or na he us time mujhay mutations ki koi zayada info thi lakin wo male dilute ya cinnamon tha..us k color baki males se intehai light tha....Youtube per blue headed pionus ki aik video mojood hai jis main green flock k beech aik yellow lutino bird ki foraging kr rha hai..isi tarah australia main ewild cockatoos main galah lutino,pied red tailed or pied king parrtos bhi spot hoty rehty hain....Australia main original blue golden mental(extremly rare) bhi wild caught birds ki inbreeding se bana hai...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherjil View Post
    @ka_khan almost all the mutations we see in the domestic setup were bred from wild caught specimens. All these mutations were & are currently being discovered / caught from the sub-continent i.e. rose-ringed parakeet native range.

    The first one discovered from wild was a lutino rose-ringed parakeet which was exported to the Britain; there is an illustration of a lutino female made by Edward Lear in the 1800s , you can find some details in this link : http://birdsplanet.com/forum/showthr...ht=Edward+Lear




    The next was blue , according to the narrations the blue mutation was extremely expensive kept in a gold cages.

    Then there were albinos which were bred using blue and lutino/blue.

    The old discovered mutations include grey-greens , dark greens , grey (bred from grey-green/blue and blue) , pallids (allele of ino), cinnamons , violets (bred from violet green/blue and blue) , cobalts (bred from dark green / ble and blue ) , turquoise blue , dilute , Clear head fallows (old name butter cup) and so on


    Clear head Clear Tails (CHCT) are unique to ring-neck parakeet family and first origanted in the rose-ringed parkaeets. This mutation is not found in other captive bred parrots or parakeets like the budgrigars.


    A Dark Blue CHCT :



    Then came a new attraction in the ring neck mutation world which rejuvenated the enthusiasm of the rose-ringed parakeet's mutation breeders i.e. the pieds .Recessive pieds were developed by breeders in the US & South Africa simultaneously.

    The US strain is called salan pieds after the name of Jaynee Salan who developed these pieds from wild caught stock link:http://www.piedringnecksusa.com/.

    The SA strain was developed by the son of a breeder named Hillerman hence the name hillerman pied.

    Both the pied strains hillerman or salan are technically recessive pieds and are also ADM (anti-dimorphic) due to the fact that the male loses its visual identity i.e. the ring is absent in adult males & both sexes look a like in this mutation.

    It is known that there are seven to eight different types of pied mutations/modifications found in the rose-ringed parakeets. The pied domain has still many undiscovered traits un-known to us.

    Dominant pied (also called herliquins by the Australians) are one of the most beautiful & sought after mutations of rose-ringed parakeets. Dominant pieds retain their dimorphism and the piedness tends to effect below the head & ring area.

    A Beautiful Violet Cobalt Dominant Pied:




    Most of the modern day mutations have been discovered and bred by a breeder in UK named Babu Chauhan. Babu is also famous as well as controversial in giving catchy names to his mutations like the "Emerald" , "Azure" etc. You can read some text found in the old publications of http://www.aviarylife.com.au/

    L-R Normal Blue & Babu's Azure:




    Fallows are not new but recently breeders have started to show their interest in this un-discovered genetic variety. It is found that their exist more than a single type of fallow mutations

    A Blue Bronze fallow :




    More over there are lots of morphotypes that exist in the blue series between the normal blue and DF Violet blue birds which keep the interest of the breeders and the endless debate is on going

    try guessing different varients of blue below : )




    There are many more less catchy mutations like the khakis, recessive and sex-linked dominant edged , grizzle etc; however certainly ringnecks have posed as a contender in the race of vast pool of mutations colors found in budgrigars and the race is still on
    Thanks to @ahmed usman javed &@Sherjil , you guys presents a very nice Explanation
    White Indian Ring-neck, Yellow Indian Ring-neck
    https://www.facebook.com/NoorCages

    Jacques Deval God loved the birds and invented trees, man loved birds and invented cages.
    John Webster We think caged birds sing, when they indeed cry.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Members who have read this thread: 6

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •